To ORTECH’s knowledge, we are one of the few companies in Canada with more than one employee QSTI accredited. In fact all of ORTECH’s primary field staff are accredited in one or more groups. ORTECH is the only Canadian company with emission testing personnel accredited in all four categories.
The goal of the Source Evaluation Society QSTI exam and abilities assessment is to determine whether the candidate demonstrates knowledge and the ability to apply source testing methods and fundamental engineering and chemistry principles in a manner consistent with that of a field test team leader. The SES QSTI program is one way to satisfy the accreditation standard for organizations (e.g., ASTM D7036-04), and potentially new regulations, as the SES QSTI exams are designed to cover the areas of competence and basic methods described in the ASTM standard.
The QSTI program is consistent with the mission of SES to advance the applied sciences relating to source evaluation with respect to air pollution and air pollution control by:
1. promoting the development of concepts and techniques relating to the field;
2. encouraging related professional development and knowledge;
3. striving to ensure the highest professional standards by its members.
The QSTI accreditation program is comprised of four exams. Each exam successfully completed, with a greater than 80% score, gives the individual accreditation for the methods covered on that exam. The methods covered under each exam are summarized below:
Group 1: Gas Volume, Flow Measurement and Isokinetic Particulate Sampling
Group 2: Acid Gas Sampling
Group 3: Continuous Emission Monitoring
Group 4: Metals and Mercury Sampling
Congratulations to the following staff for their accreditation in the QSTI groups shown below:
- David Utley, QSTI accredited in groups 1, 2, 3 & 4
- Tina Sanderson, QSTI accredited groups 1, 2, 3, & 4
- Chris Belore, QSTI accredited groups 1, 2 & 4
- Thomas Timar, QSTI accredited groups 1, 2 & 3
- Jay Grollman, QSTI accredited groups 1, 2 & 3
- Dan Turton, QSTI accredited groups 1, 2 & 4
- Kevin Waldock has passed group 1
- Eugene Shereshevsky has passed group 1