ORTECH Environmental and ORTECH Power are divisions of ORTECH Consulting Inc. (ORTECH). With offices in Mississauga, Sarnia, and Windsor, Ontario, ORTECH serves clients in the industrial, manufacturing, municipal, and renewable energy sectors throughout North America and beyond.
ORTECH Environmental: We will help you get your facility permitted or compliant from Ontario and Quebec government air quality regulation point of view. We have been assisting clients for 40 years.
ORTECH Power: We help investors buy renewable energy projects and we assist developers in building Wind, Solar and Hydro-electric plants in North America. We specialize in renewable energy due diligence!
ORTECH Environmental is a leader in providing technology-based consulting services and expertise in the fields of environmental science and engineering to government and industrial organizations.
ORTECH takes pride in providing the highest quality services in technical consulting, problem solving, testing, and evaluation, with emphasis on environmental and advanced computation technologies. We can help you with a regulatory compliance issue, dealing with public complaints, products or processes requiring analysis, source sampling and measurement, analytical services, independent audits, peer review, or expert advice and testimony.Environmental Services
- Emission Testing Services
- Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Services
- Analytical Services
- Compliance and Permitting Services
- Odour Assessment Services
We have conducted literally thousands of comprehensive environmental studies, with active involvement in the design and conduct of air emissions assessments, air quality impact studies, odour assessment, dispersion modelling, control technology evaluations, emission testing, emission inventory preparation, and air quality monitoring studies. Throughout such activities, specific professional services are provided by staff to help clients meet related environmental management needs with appropriate solutions.
ORTECH has an insight into the specific air pollution issues for most anthropogenic sources, including mobile source contributions, and understands the effectiveness of relevant control measures. As a result, ORTECH has the necessary and unique qualifications to participate in a wide range of projects.
The goal of ORTECH Power is to ensure that our clients receive fair and objective technical assessment of potential investment targets, and that existing facilities are operated and maintained as effectively as possible.ORTECH Power offers technical due diligence and other services to renewable energy projects under development, construction and operation. We have extensive experience in industrial project permitting, planning, and renewable energy assessment.
In 2000, ORTECH became a founding shareholder of Canadian Renewable Energy Corporation (CREC), a wind and water power development company. CREC developed over 600 MW of wind and water power sites, of which over 400 MW is in production today. ORTECH sold its interest in CREC to Canadian Hydro Developers (KHD:TSX) in 2005. ORTECH draws on this experience to advise and assist developers, owners, and financial institutions with technical evaluation and investment decision making. We can provide economical operations and maintenance support services.
Professional services are provided to clients interested in a wide range of renewable energy technologies including wind, water, and solar, as well as biomass and biogas/landfill gas.
ORTECH has engineers, scientists, technicians, and financial analysts with extensive expertise in the following key areas:
Project Development and Construction Services:
- Due Diligence Services (independent engineers, power purchase agreements)
- Financial Services (financial analysis, production forecasting, O&M planning, RFP development)
- Inspection Services (construction certification)
- Interconnection Services
- Mergers and Acquisition Services
- Related Services (odour assessments, biomass and biogas/landfill gas analysis)
- Planning and Permitting Services (renewable energy approvals, environmental assessments)
- Project Management Services
- Renewable Resource Assessment Services (wind resource, hydrology)
- Technology Assessment Services (vendor reviews, engineering design, risk evaluation)
Post-Construction Operation and Maintenance Services:
- Financial Services (financial analysis, production back-casting)
- Operations and Maintenance Planning Services (strategy, budgets, planned maintenance, parts planning)
- Performance Optimization Services (production verification and enhancement)
- Inspection Services (end of warranty)
- Maintenance and Repair Services (routine, reactive, long-term service agreements)