Independent Engineering Services
ORTECH has experience serving as an Owners’ Representative for renewable energy projects.
The role of the Owner’s Representative is to ensure that the project construction, schedules, permitting, contractual relationships (OEM, LDC) and the release of funds are properly managed and controlled in accordance with the relevant Project agreements. Under these services, ORTECH will report any amendments to the Project completion schedule and any material change orders for owner’s approval. In particular, ORTECH is to ensure that the Buyer’s Obligations as set out in the Turbine Supply and Civil Works Agreement are carried out in accordance with the terms of that agreement.
ORTECH will ensure your projects are built on time and on budget, while identifying and managing risks. ORTECH can carry out the following tasks:
- ORTECH will assume the role of "Owner Representative" as detailed in the Service Agreements between the Client and the developer or OEM.
- ORTECH will act in the capacity of “Owners Representative” to work with the Development & Construction Manager and its designated Project Manager under that Agreement.
- Appoint a senior management consultant to oversee the Project
- Analyze and recommend the approval of Draw Requests – to be carried out under the supervision of principal consultant with the assistance of junior ORTECH staff experienced in wind project construction accounting.
- Carry out site visits.
- Attend Scheduling and Progress Meetings as set out at the kickoff meeting by the Client.
- Provide monthly or more frequent reports to Client on construction progress.