ORTECH has an experienced team to assist your development needs for hydro-electricity projects. ORTECH can provide independent engineering services for a wide variety of power, electric transmission and distribution facilities throughout Ontario and across Canada.
We typically review and assess:
- Capital and operating costs and construction risks
- Civil, structural, mechanical and electrical design
- Construction risk management
- Contract terms and conditions
- Energy Generation Projections
- Environmental studies and permits
- Hydrology and reservoir operation
- Project pro forma
ORTECH offers the following services for hydro-electricity developers:
- Resource Assessment
- Power Purchase Agreements/ FIT
- Interconnection Services
- Vendor Review/Technology Assessment
- Due Diligence/Peer Review
ORTECH Power has assisted in the arrangement and backing of debt and equity capital for multiple water power projects to a total of over $400 million in recent years. The specific recent experience of officers of ORTECH includes:
- Misema Generating Station (G.S.): Raised $7.1 million for Canadian Renewable Energy Corporation to build the Misema G.S. in 2002/2003, supervised construction, arranged post-construction debt financing of $1.5 million and administered plant operation. Misema G.S. is located on Crown land and was built under close scrutiny of the MNR.
- Yellow Falls / Island Falls Water Power Project: Arranged $48 million in conditional equity and debt financing commitments for a 15 MW waterpower project near Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario.
- Wasdell Falls Water Power Project: Committed to arranging $4.6 million in project equity for a 1 MW waterpower project.